Table of Contents
Here’s the gist: at the time of writing (2020), this little pump cost around $60. It is a dosing pump, but not a peristaltic type. It is a micropump that can dose incredibly small amounts at a time (1ml) or up to 6,000ml.
What makes this little pump stand out is the ease of setup, and the fact that you can control via an iOS or Android app. This would be a great pump for 2-part solution, coral supplements, or even an automated water change system.
II) Inside the Package
Direct from the Marine Depot website:
- Add multiple X1 pumps to control
- Flow calibration setting
- Operational modes (Manual, Auto Quick Setting)
- Easy setting – Set dosing start and stop time (does not have to be 24 hours)
- Enter total number of ml to be dosed over the time period
- Enter the number of times to dose each time period (up to 12 times)
- User can even choose dosing every 1 – 31 days or certain days per week
- Adjustable dosing volume Auto Mode: 0.5 – 6500.0ml
- Adjustable dosing volume Manual Mode: 0.1 – 6000.0ml
- Delay setting between channels prevents chemical interference
- Requires Bluetooth capable mobile device to operate.
- Dosing Channel: 1
- Dosing Times: 12 times / day -once / 31 days
- Fluid Volume: .1ml – 6000ml
- Accuracy: <+/-2%
- Pump Life: >2000 hours
- Max height the pump can push up is 2 meters
- X1 pump head tubing size: 2mm ID x 4mm PharMed® BPT tubing
IV) My Take
Okay, so I haven’t used this product for a long time, so I can’t speak to the longevity. But here are a few things I do know:
- Kamoer is a well respected pump company, and they make some of the highest quality peristaltic dosing pumps out there.
- This was the easiest dosing pump I have ever setup and programmed.
Calibrating it was a breeze, and that is not always the case with dosing pumps. Now how well it holds its calibration over time is yet to be seen, and Kamoer itself recommends recalibrating every month for the most accurate results. But let’s be honest, that’s a pain, and who’s going to do it?
A negative thing about this pump is mounting options. There just aren’t any. You have to set this pump on top of something, and if you want to secure it in anyway, you’ll have to MacGyver something yourself.
For the price, bluetooth connectability, and ease of use, it’s a good little pump.