Table of Contents
At the time of writing (2020), the Marine Depot KleanWater Advanced 4-stage RO/DI filter costs just around $200. With decent water pressure, it can make up to 100 gallons per day of purified water. There are four different options available, from 4-stage to 6-stage, so it will really depend on your budget, your water source, and how many gallons you need to make.
II) Inside the Package
- Garden Hose Adapter
- Filter Wrench for filter removal
- 6’ of tubing for inlet and outlets
- Instruction Manual
Marine Depot has assembled a high quality yet economical water purifying system that turns ordinary tap water into ultra-pure, zero-TDS, water for your aquarium. Harmful impurities such as nitrates, phosphates, silicates, pesticides, & heavy metals are removed though filtration and absorption; leaving behind KleanWater as nature intended!
- High Silicate Rejection TFC Membrane – 100 GPD
- 1-Micron Sediment Filter
- High-Capacity Carbon Block Cartridge with chloramine-removal capabilities
- Nuclear-Grade Mix-Bed DI Resin Cartridge
- Pressure Gauge to Monitor Pre-Filter Performance
- TDS Monitor to Measure System Performance
- Manual Flush Valve Kit to extend TFC Membrane Life
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Mounting Bracket
- Quick Connect Fittings
- Made in the USA!
- One-year warranty
IV) My Take
I’ve owned an RO/DI unit for over five years now. In fact, it was one of the first purchases I made. To put it simply, it’s not a sexy item, but it’s the best money I’ve spent in the hobby.