To learn more about any of the items featured in this Reefurbish segment, just scroll down! You can click on any item in the list, or scroll down for pictures and a description.
You can always email us with questions at email@example.com.
The Photon V2+ uses 5 watt Cree XT-Es, and 3 watt Cree, Semi, and Osram diodes, bringing the Photon V2+ up to date with the latest in LED technology. There are also 6 dimming channels, so you can have precise control over every color.
Each light is now made with a slim, 100% extruded aluminum case which will not rust in a marine environment and is built to last. Each light includes adjustable tank mounting legs as well as the standard hanging set. Alternatively, you can use the T track on top of the light with your own bolts, for almost limitless mounting configurations.
The new Photon V2+ includes a wireless hand-held controller that can program multiple Photon V2+ units at the same time. (Note: The new remotes are not compatible with the original V2- however upgrade kits are available). You can program the light to change all 6 channels every hour for a sunrise, sunset, and moonlight simulation. The new smart controller will then take that hourly program, and automatically break it into 10 smooth ramping points. Because of the WiFi signal the controller uses, you can even program your lights through a canopy while comfortably seated across the room.
- Unique Flow Virtually Eliminates Dead Spots
- Evenly Distributed Linear Flow
- Discrete Design
- Twin Directional Flow Cages
- Clip on Flow Directors
- Waterproof Silent Suspension Magnet Mount
- Advanced Controller with Mount
The pump that revolutionized water flow for aquariums has reached the pinnacle of design, performance and control. The 3rd Generation aptly named the Gyre 300 series incorporates all of the amazing features of the original Gyre pumps and improved them to make the best GYRE flow pump yet.
The most noticeable upgrade on the new Gyre 300 pumps is the detachable flow directors which are a welcome addition and allows you to place your pumps even closer to the surface of your aquarium without the worry of pulling a noisy vortex of air and improving surface agitation for maximum gas exchange. You can maneuver each director to point the Gyre flow of water where you need it. Best of all, the maneuverable caps block light from reaching the pump components and will reduce the rate at witch algae will accumulate for longer operation in between maintenance.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 10.5″ x 2.6″ x 1.3″
- Max Flow Rate: 2350gph
- Power Consumption: 8w-35w
- Ideal for Aquariums: 25 -120gal
- Mounts aquariums up to 1/2″ thick, glass or acrylic
- Input Voltage / Current: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 2.5A
- Output Voltage / Current: 24VDC 4A
- Weight: 300g /0.7 lb
- Cable Length:10ft controller to pump, 5ft power supply to controller
*NOTE Specifications are subject to change without notice. Weight and dimensions are approximate.
- Gyre Pump with Magnet Mount
- Advanced Gyre 300 Controller with mount
- Power Supply
- Spare Bushings
- Protective Mesh Covers
- Flow Directors
- Power Supply Unit -Model: GM85-240400-F
Fully Submersible, Fully Waterproof and UL Certified Heater suitable for both fresh and saltwater aquarium setups.
- TruTemp dial with readjustment ring allows the user to calibrate the heater for a precise temperature reading
- Thermo safety control – enables running dry protection; heater will shut off when out of water
- Made of shatter-proof glass
- Precise temperature regulation
- Extra long cable of 5`6″
- Includes clamp with 2 suction cups
- Simple and safe recalibration (+/- 2 degrees)
Made in Germany – For Fresh and Saltwater
This DC return pump is super affordable when compared to other name brand pumps. I’ve had no complaints and this pump is strong enough to power my 120 gallon tank & manifold with a lot of flow.
- Jebao 2650GPH DC controllable return pump.
- 80W Four-pole electronic motor, ultra silent operation.
- Submersible or external.
- 18 feet max head/lift.
- LCD power display and 30-100 stage speed flow control, with feed mode and wave function.
- Low voltage DC24V power supply.
AquaMaxx ConeS Skimmers feature high-quality Italian-made Sicce pumps. Each Sicce pump motor block is then modified and fitted with proprietary AquaMaxx needle wheel impellers. With the precise modifications and upgrades, performance is boosted much beyond that of a stock pump. The upgraded AquaMaxx ‘Shark’ pump is capable of drawing in significantly more air and chops them up to the optimum bubble size for protein extraction. These pump and protein skimmer combinations deliver unprecedented performance and reliability. Accumulated protein and organics will be vigorously removed from your tank so you can focus less on maintenance and more on enjoying your piece of the reef.
- Modified and upgraded Italian Sicce needle-wheel pump produces optimum bubble size for high-efficiency protein skimming
- Cone body extends through the collection cup to easy bubble transition and maximize skimmer efficiency
- Efficient, durable and reliable
- Simple to set up and operate
- Cell-cast acrylic construction
- ShockMaxx rubber feet isolate noise and reduce vibration
- New outlet design minimizes footprint, reduces skimmer height and allows for fine-tuning
- Exclusive collection cup design with a handle that allows you to easy hold and transport the collection cup for cleaning
- Filtration Rating: up to 250 Gallons (light bioload) or 130 Gallons (heavy bioload)
- Footprint: 6.7″ x 9.5″
- Pump: AquaMaxx SHARK 2.0 (modified and upgraded Sicce pump)
- Pump power consumption: 22 Watts
- Chamber Diameter: 6″
- Height: 19.3″
- Recommended Water Level: 8″
The TUNZE Osmolator 3155 is an automatic top off (ATO) system for marine and reef aquariums. The Osmolator – short for Osmotic Regulator – automatically adds freshwater to compensate for evaporation in your saltwater aquarium.
The Osmolator can be used on any aquarium, even freshwater tanks. It works when installed inside the aquarium on tanks without a sump. If you have a sump the sensor must be installed there since that is where the water level changes as it evaporates.
- Complete kit with power supply, metering pump, hose and sensor mounting system.
- The water level sensor has no moving parts to wear out and is not affected by suspended dirt, light or magnetic fields.
- Optical sensor ignores gentle water movements caused by wave makers and circulation pumps.
- An independent safety sensor with a separate power supply circuit and relay ensures reliable overflow protection.
- A microprocessor monitors the water level in the reservoir and prevents the pump from running dry.
- All functions are clearly displayed by colored LEDs and warning signals.
- The Osmolator uses ultra-low voltage for complete safety.
AquaMaxx Fluidized Media Reactors are multi-purpose aquarium water filters specially designed for use in marine and reef aquaria. Insert your media of choice to help eliminate organic pollutants, odors, discolorations and algae fuels.
AquaMaxx Fluidized Media Reactors require a small pump/powerhead and tubing (sold separately) to push water through the reactor. You can plumb the reactor using 1/2″ or 3/4″ flexible vinyl tubing. Using a ball valve is highly recommended because it will allow you to regulate the flow rate. Since different types of media have different flow rate requirements, be sure to reference the manufacturer’s suggested flow rate for the media you intend to use (it’s usually listed in the product description and/or on the product label).
An optional hang-on adaptor (sold separately) is available for additional mounting configurations. For best results, use AquaMaxx GFO Granular Ferric Oxide (GFO), AquaMaxx Bituminous Carbon or similar aquarium filter media.
- Reactor Footprint: 5.5″ x 5.5″
- Chamber Diameter: 3.94″
- Reactor Height: 11.5″
- Chamber Capacity: 0.43 gallons (1.6L) ~6.7 Cups
- Using GFO: up to 250 gallons
- Using Activated Carbon: up to 150 gallons
- Inlet/Outlet: 1/2″ or 3/4″ hose barb
This is not the nicest tank on the market, but for the price, it’s hard to beat. I’ve made a lot of changes and upgrades to this system over the years, including a custom acrylic sump, return pump, new hard plumbing, and more. If you are looking for a 120 gallon tank, but are on a budget, then check out this build. FYI, at the time of writing, the SC Aquariums website is virtually unusable.